A Murray & Sons was founded in 1952 in the town of Tumut NSW, the gateway to the snowy mountains by the Late Albert Murray. Ab had a reputation for leading teams that thrived on hard work and that above and beyond philosophy extends into the company today.
Albert’s sons Brian Murray and Rex Murray took over the local plumbing business in the late sixties to oversee the company expand into country NSW. One of the conditions of the transfer of the business was that the name would always remain A Murray & Sons—a tradition that has been maintained by each subsequent generation. They also poured the foundations and built the building in Dalhunty Street that now houses Administration and sales.
Over the ensuing years under the Directorships of Brian Murray and Rex Murray the business completed many large-scale projects in Oberon, Broken Hill and Mildura. In the Bombala Saw Mills project over 15 kms of in-ground services were laid over a period of 4 months by the business.
From the year 2000 the business expanded its services into the Sydney Metro area and then into Newcastle.
The business has now successfully been transferred into the hands of the third generation—the sons of sons, namely Dwayne Murray, Mathew Murray and Scott Murray.
The professional team of plumbers, gas-fitters and roofing specialists has grown to over 60 qualified tradesman, apprentices and support staff.
A fourth generation have now commenced their apprenticeships in the A Murray and Sons business as local plumbers.
The Business continues to service the local market of previous generations and maintains a retail showroom and parts supply warehouse in the Tumut complex. However, the biggest growth sector of the business is now in its commercial division which has expanded operations across New South Wales.
A Murray & Sons remains headquartered in Tumut and continues to service the massive industrial timber mills in the area.